Rupert Grint to make stage debut in London
LONDON (AP) - Rupert Grint is following his "Harry Potter" co-star Daniel Radcliffe onto the stage.
Producers announced Friday that Grint, who was ginger-haired wizard Ron Weasley in the Potter films, will play a pill-popping gangster in a West End revival of Jez Butterworth's "Mojo" later this year.
Ben Whishaw, Daniel Mays and "Downton Abbey" star Brendan Coyle are also in the cast of Butterworth's savagely funny drama about London's 1950s' underworld.
It will be directed by Ian Rickson, who also led the play's original 1995 production at the Royal Court Theatre. Butterworth went on to write Tony-winner "Jerusalem."
"Mojo" begins previews at the Harold Pinter Theatre in London in October.
Radcliffe has taken stage roles in London and New York and is currently starring in "The Cripple of Inishmaan" in London.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.