Updated Jul 27, 2013 - 9:43 am
Arizona Diamondbacks starter Brandon McCarthy makes second rehab appearance
Arizona Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy made his second, and possibly last, rehabilitation appearance for Triple-A Reno on Friday night.
McCarthy, who is recovering from right shoulder inflammation, allowed three runs -- two earned -- on six hits through six innings, while striking out three and walking one. He also threw 62 of his 85 pitches for strikes.
In his first minor league rehab stint on July 21, McCarthy surrendered six runs on nine hits with two walks and one strikeout in 4.1 innings.
The 30-year-old was 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA in 11 starts for the D-backs before going on the disabled list June 1, retroactive to May 31.
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?