Updated Jul 28, 2013 - 11:55 am
Diamondbacks recall Chaz Roe, option Tyler Skaggs
On Saturday, the team used six relievers in a 12-3 loss to the San Diego Padres and manager Kirk Gibson announced after the game that his team would be calling up a pitcher to aid the relief staff.
Skaggs started Saturday's game, lasting just 3.2 innings while walking five and hitting one, ultimately allowing seven earned runs on three hits.
In three games, 3.2 innings pitched, for the Diamondbacks earlier this season, Roe allowed two earned runs, walking six, striking out two, and surrendering four hits. Roe's major league debut came at the beginning of his three-game stint with the team earlier this season. He has a 1-0 record with a blown save on the year.
"We had him up here when we played the Mets and had all of those extra-inning games and rain delays," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said Sunday. "He sucked it up big time. We were dragging, he was dragging and he did a good job. He was also throwing the ball well in Triple-A."
The 26-year-old right-hander has recorded a 1.69 ERA in 16 innings pitched for Triple-A Reno this season, walking two while striking out 17 while tallying six saves. He began the year with Double-A Mobile, where he pitched just 2.1 innings before being promoted.
- Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
- Report: Diamondbacks in serious discussions about acquiring Angels outfielder Mark Trumbo
- Report: D-backs tried to land Yoenis Cespedes from A's in exchange for A.J. Pollock and Tyler Skaggs
- ESPN.com baseball writer Jerry Crasnick: D-backs trying to acquire elite starting pitcher this winter
- Rays acquire C Hanigan, RHP Bell in 3-team trade
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.