Updated Jul 28, 2013 - 11:55 am
Diamondbacks recall Chaz Roe, option Tyler Skaggs
On Saturday, the team used six relievers in a 12-3 loss to the San Diego Padres and manager Kirk Gibson announced after the game that his team would be calling up a pitcher to aid the relief staff.
Skaggs started Saturday's game, lasting just 3.2 innings while walking five and hitting one, ultimately allowing seven earned runs on three hits.
In three games, 3.2 innings pitched, for the Diamondbacks earlier this season, Roe allowed two earned runs, walking six, striking out two, and surrendering four hits. Roe's major league debut came at the beginning of his three-game stint with the team earlier this season. He has a 1-0 record with a blown save on the year.
"We had him up here when we played the Mets and had all of those extra-inning games and rain delays," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said Sunday. "He sucked it up big time. We were dragging, he was dragging and he did a good job. He was also throwing the ball well in Triple-A."
The 26-year-old right-hander has recorded a 1.69 ERA in 16 innings pitched for Triple-A Reno this season, walking two while striking out 17 while tallying six saves. He began the year with Double-A Mobile, where he pitched just 2.1 innings before being promoted.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.