Updated Jul 28, 2013 - 11:55 am
Diamondbacks recall Chaz Roe, option Tyler Skaggs
On Saturday, the team used six relievers in a 12-3 loss to the San Diego Padres and manager Kirk Gibson announced after the game that his team would be calling up a pitcher to aid the relief staff.
Skaggs started Saturday's game, lasting just 3.2 innings while walking five and hitting one, ultimately allowing seven earned runs on three hits.
In three games, 3.2 innings pitched, for the Diamondbacks earlier this season, Roe allowed two earned runs, walking six, striking out two, and surrendering four hits. Roe's major league debut came at the beginning of his three-game stint with the team earlier this season. He has a 1-0 record with a blown save on the year.
"We had him up here when we played the Mets and had all of those extra-inning games and rain delays," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said Sunday. "He sucked it up big time. We were dragging, he was dragging and he did a good job. He was also throwing the ball well in Triple-A."
The 26-year-old right-hander has recorded a 1.69 ERA in 16 innings pitched for Triple-A Reno this season, walking two while striking out 17 while tallying six saves. He began the year with Double-A Mobile, where he pitched just 2.1 innings before being promoted.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.