FanBall Weekly: Second-half Fantasy trade bait
1B/OF Chris Davis, Baltimore Orioles: Yes, I know I wrote an article about how great he is and how he could break Roger Maris' home run mark. I also wrote about how the Home Run Derby hurts the power numbers of its participants and Davis has already fallen into that category, only smacking one dinger since the All-Star break. First base and outfield are both very deep this year so if you can't get a positional replacement in your return pile there will be somebody worth picking up to stick in his place. Straight up you may be able to bring in a guy like Felix Hernandez, who has a history of consistency in the later months of the season.
SP Max Scherzer, Detroit Tigers: Odds are that he'll lose more than one game between now and October and though he's been stacking up the wins he was likely not your first or even second pitcher drafted and therefore can become expendable. He became the first to 15 wins on Sunday and if you have two more high level starters on your staff you can send off Scherzer for someone to fill a weak slot in your hitting lineup. A great can involve Jason Kipnis. Package your 2B with Scherzer for Kip and a lesser SP for an offensive boost.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.