FanBall Weekly: Second-half Fantasy trade bait
1B/OF Chris Davis, Baltimore Orioles: Yes, I know I wrote an article about how great he is and how he could break Roger Maris' home run mark. I also wrote about how the Home Run Derby hurts the power numbers of its participants and Davis has already fallen into that category, only smacking one dinger since the All-Star break. First base and outfield are both very deep this year so if you can't get a positional replacement in your return pile there will be somebody worth picking up to stick in his place. Straight up you may be able to bring in a guy like Felix Hernandez, who has a history of consistency in the later months of the season.
SP Max Scherzer, Detroit Tigers: Odds are that he'll lose more than one game between now and October and though he's been stacking up the wins he was likely not your first or even second pitcher drafted and therefore can become expendable. He became the first to 15 wins on Sunday and if you have two more high level starters on your staff you can send off Scherzer for someone to fill a weak slot in your hitting lineup. A great can involve Jason Kipnis. Package your 2B with Scherzer for Kip and a lesser SP for an offensive boost.
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Arizona Diamondbacks' GM Kevin Towers on why he traded Tyler Skaggs
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.