Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 9:17 am
Rumor: Arizona Diamondbacks shopping Ian Kennedy and Jason Kubel
Arizona has been shopping Ian Kennedy and Jason Kubel, which wouldn't free enough $ to get Kevin Towers' fave Jake Peavy— Peter Gammons (@pgammo) July 29, 2013
The Diamondbacks have been linked to Peavy before, and the pitcher's history with D-backs GM Kevin Towers likely makes him an attractive option for Arizona.
The 32-year-old is 8-4 with a 4.28 ERA on the season and is currently in the first year of a two-year, $29 million contract signed in October 2012.
However, with Kennedy posting a 5.22 ERA and Kubel batting just .234, neither would appear to be attractive trade options for another team.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.