Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 10:27 am
ESPN Insider: Arizona Diamondbacks' odds of moving Ian Kennedy are slim
But what are the odds a deal for the former actually gets done?
Not high, in the eyes of ESPN analyst Jim Bowden.
In his Insider piece Tuesday, Bowden said the 29-year-old had a 30 percent of changing teams. Still, the former MLB executive offered up a potential landing spot for Kennedy (3-7 with a 5.22 ERA) should he be on the move.
The Diamondbacks have soured on Kennedy, and with a thin starting-pitching market they have made him available. They feel comfortable that top prospect Archie Bradley can give them the same type of production in the near future. Kennedy is pitching like a fifth starter but would still be an upgrade for a team like the Nationals.
Kennedy, who is slated to start for the D-backs in Tampa Tuesday night, has lost three of his last four starts and last recorded a victory on June 1.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.