Updated Jul 30, 2013 - 10:27 am
ESPN Insider: Arizona Diamondbacks' odds of moving Ian Kennedy are slim
But what are the odds a deal for the former actually gets done?
Not high, in the eyes of ESPN analyst Jim Bowden.
In his Insider piece Tuesday, Bowden said the 29-year-old had a 30 percent of changing teams. Still, the former MLB executive offered up a potential landing spot for Kennedy (3-7 with a 5.22 ERA) should he be on the move.
The Diamondbacks have soured on Kennedy, and with a thin starting-pitching market they have made him available. They feel comfortable that top prospect Archie Bradley can give them the same type of production in the near future. Kennedy is pitching like a fifth starter but would still be an upgrade for a team like the Nationals.
Kennedy, who is slated to start for the D-backs in Tampa Tuesday night, has lost three of his last four starts and last recorded a victory on June 1.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.