Rumor: Los Angeles Angels, San Diego Padres interested in Diamondbacks right-hander Ian Kennedy
But the latest rumor has the D-backs potentially moving one of their own starters.
According to MLB.com's Steve Gilbert, the Los Angeles Angels and San Diego Padres are among the teams interested in the services of right-hander Ian Kennedy.
Despite Kennedy's rough numbers in 2013 (3-7 with a 5.22 ERA), the interest seems to make sense.
Not only is Kennedy a native of Southern California, but Padres general manager Josh Byrnes was the man responsible for bringing him to the Valley in a three-team deal back in 2009.
And when the D-backs fired Byrnes in June 2010, his interim replacement was Jerry Dipoto, now the general manager for the Angels.
Kennedy, who is under team control until 2015, hasn't won since June 1.
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?