Rumor: Los Angeles Angels, San Diego Padres interested in Diamondbacks right-hander Ian Kennedy
But the latest rumor has the D-backs potentially moving one of their own starters.
According to MLB.com's Steve Gilbert, the Los Angeles Angels and San Diego Padres are among the teams interested in the services of right-hander Ian Kennedy.
Despite Kennedy's rough numbers in 2013 (3-7 with a 5.22 ERA), the interest seems to make sense.
Not only is Kennedy a native of Southern California, but Padres general manager Josh Byrnes was the man responsible for bringing him to the Valley in a three-team deal back in 2009.
And when the D-backs fired Byrnes in June 2010, his interim replacement was Jerry Dipoto, now the general manager for the Angels.
Kennedy, who is under team control until 2015, hasn't won since June 1.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.