Rumor: Los Angeles Angels, San Diego Padres interested in Diamondbacks right-hander Ian Kennedy
But the latest rumor has the D-backs potentially moving one of their own starters.
According to MLB.com's Steve Gilbert, the Los Angeles Angels and San Diego Padres are among the teams interested in the services of right-hander Ian Kennedy.
Despite Kennedy's rough numbers in 2013 (3-7 with a 5.22 ERA), the interest seems to make sense.
Not only is Kennedy a native of Southern California, but Padres general manager Josh Byrnes was the man responsible for bringing him to the Valley in a three-team deal back in 2009.
And when the D-backs fired Byrnes in June 2010, his interim replacement was Jerry Dipoto, now the general manager for the Angels.
Kennedy, who is under team control until 2015, hasn't won since June 1.
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.