Rumor: Arizona Diamondbacks interested in acquiring Houston Astros right-hander Bud Norris
The D-backs have lost out on the Jake Peavy sweepstakes, as the right-hander has reportedly been traded to the Boston Red Sox, but are still in the running for Houston Astros pitcher Bud Norris.
Arizona remains in play on Bud Norris, as do Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Teams involved expect him to be moved before deadline.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2013
As first reported by MLB.com's Brian McTaggart, the D-backs are one of the three teams -- along with the Baltimore Orioles and Pittsburgh Pirates -- trying to acquire the Houston Astros right-hander.
Norris, who was removed from his start Tuesday, has a 6-9 record with a 3.93 ERA in 2013.
For his career, the 28-year-old is 34-46 with a 4.33 ERA and 1.40 WHIP. His current contract with the Astros expires in 2015.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.