Ian Kennedy's Arizona Diamondbacks career, by the numbers
After all, he had been struggling mightily and the D-backs' starting rotation was getting a bit crowded.
Still, seeing someone who had been a mainstay in the rotation the for nearly four seasons go is nothing to sneeze at.
So, here is a look back at Ian Kennedy's time as a Diamondback, by the numbers.
Ian Kennedy pitched in 119 regular season games for the Arizona Diamondbacks, all of which were starts.
Kennedy's ERA in his time with the D-backs.
Complete games Kennedy threw as a Diamondback.
AL Cy Young awards Max Scherzer is a favorite to win this season. Scherzer was the principal piece the D-backs surrendered in the trade that brought Kennedy to Arizona.
Where Kennedy finished in the NL Cy Young voting in 2011.
Opening Day starts Kennedy made for the Diamondbacks, which is third-most in franchise history.
Kennedy amassed 48 wins as a Diamondbacks, which places him fourth on the team's all-time list.
Kennedy's SO/BB ratio in 2013, which is the worst mark he's had as a D-back.
The last time Kennedy recorded a win.
Kennedy has hit 24 batters over the last two years -- he had plunked a total of 21 in his previous five.
Kennedy's win/loss record and ERA in two playoff starts against the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2011 NLDS.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.