Ian Kennedy's Arizona Diamondbacks career, by the numbers
After all, he had been struggling mightily and the D-backs' starting rotation was getting a bit crowded.
Still, seeing someone who had been a mainstay in the rotation the for nearly four seasons go is nothing to sneeze at.
So, here is a look back at Ian Kennedy's time as a Diamondback, by the numbers.
Ian Kennedy pitched in 119 regular season games for the Arizona Diamondbacks, all of which were starts.
Kennedy's ERA in his time with the D-backs.
Complete games Kennedy threw as a Diamondback.
AL Cy Young awards Max Scherzer is a favorite to win this season. Scherzer was the principal piece the D-backs surrendered in the trade that brought Kennedy to Arizona.
Where Kennedy finished in the NL Cy Young voting in 2011.
Opening Day starts Kennedy made for the Diamondbacks, which is third-most in franchise history.
Kennedy amassed 48 wins as a Diamondbacks, which places him fourth on the team's all-time list.
Kennedy's SO/BB ratio in 2013, which is the worst mark he's had as a D-back.
The last time Kennedy recorded a win.
Kennedy has hit 24 batters over the last two years -- he had plunked a total of 21 in his previous five.
Kennedy's win/loss record and ERA in two playoff starts against the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2011 NLDS.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?