Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 5:17 pm
D-backs acquisition Joe Thatcher, by the numbers
A six-year veteran, statistically, Thatcher is a compelling upgrade over current Diamondbacks' left-handed specialist Tony Sipp, who curiously has better career numbers against right-handed batters than he does against lefties.
Thatcher has spent his entire career with the Padres, logging over 100 innings pitched against National League West opponents.
Take a look at new Diamondbacks' bullpen piece, Joe Thatcher, by the numbers.
Thatcher's career ERA.
Left-handed hitters' collective career batting average against Thatcher.
Thatcher's K/BB ratio against left-handed hitters.
Thatcher has pitched a total of 104.1 innings against NL West teams, with 26.2 coming against the Diamondbacks.
Thatcher's career ERA versus Diamondbacks' NL West opponents.
The number of earned runs Thatcher has given up to left-handed hitters this season; five fewer than Sipp.
Thatcher's K/BB against left-handed hitters in 2013.
Sipp has walked 13 more batters in 2013 than Thatcher, who has walked just four.
The on-base-slugging percentage (OPS) of Thatcher's second-half opponents.
The collective career batting average of current Los Angeles Dodgers hitters versus Thatcher.
The total number of hits current Dodgers hitters have recorded against Thatcher.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?