Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 5:17 pm
D-backs acquisition Joe Thatcher, by the numbers
A six-year veteran, statistically, Thatcher is a compelling upgrade over current Diamondbacks' left-handed specialist Tony Sipp, who curiously has better career numbers against right-handed batters than he does against lefties.
Thatcher has spent his entire career with the Padres, logging over 100 innings pitched against National League West opponents.
Take a look at new Diamondbacks' bullpen piece, Joe Thatcher, by the numbers.
Thatcher's career ERA.
Left-handed hitters' collective career batting average against Thatcher.
Thatcher's K/BB ratio against left-handed hitters.
Thatcher has pitched a total of 104.1 innings against NL West teams, with 26.2 coming against the Diamondbacks.
Thatcher's career ERA versus Diamondbacks' NL West opponents.
The number of earned runs Thatcher has given up to left-handed hitters this season; five fewer than Sipp.
Thatcher's K/BB against left-handed hitters in 2013.
Sipp has walked 13 more batters in 2013 than Thatcher, who has walked just four.
The on-base-slugging percentage (OPS) of Thatcher's second-half opponents.
The collective career batting average of current Los Angeles Dodgers hitters versus Thatcher.
The total number of hits current Dodgers hitters have recorded against Thatcher.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.