Updated Aug 2, 2013 - 4:15 pm
Cory Monteith's mother speaks out: 'Your support has been overwhelming'
"I would like to thank all of Cory's supporters at this extremely emotional time," Ann McGregor tweeted on Friday. "Your support has been overwhelming ... thank you!"
McGregor also reacted to the number of people who spoken to the media claiming to be close to Monteith's family.
"The person releasing articles relating to my feelings and thoughts on how to take care of Cory's ashes has never been in contact with me," she tweeted.
Monteith was found dead in his room on the 21st floor of the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel on Vancouver's waterfront in July.
The British Columbia coroner later confirmed the actor died from combining heroin and alcohol.
- In second year with D-backs, Martin Prado finally feeling 'comfortable and settled'
- No clear lineup materializing for 2014 Arizona Diamondbacks
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill 'unable to execute' against Oakland
- D-backs president Hall: Mark Trumbo is 'everything as advertised'
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Patrick Corbin where he needs to be moving towards season opener
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.