Updated Aug 2, 2013 - 4:15 pm
Cory Monteith's mother speaks out: 'Your support has been overwhelming'
"I would like to thank all of Cory's supporters at this extremely emotional time," Ann McGregor tweeted on Friday. "Your support has been overwhelming ... thank you!"
McGregor also reacted to the number of people who spoken to the media claiming to be close to Monteith's family.
"The person releasing articles relating to my feelings and thoughts on how to take care of Cory's ashes has never been in contact with me," she tweeted.
Monteith was found dead in his room on the 21st floor of the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel on Vancouver's waterfront in July.
The British Columbia coroner later confirmed the actor died from combining heroin and alcohol.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.