Updated Aug 2, 2013 - 4:15 pm
Cory Monteith's mother speaks out: 'Your support has been overwhelming'
"I would like to thank all of Cory's supporters at this extremely emotional time," Ann McGregor tweeted on Friday. "Your support has been overwhelming ... thank you!"
McGregor also reacted to the number of people who spoken to the media claiming to be close to Monteith's family.
"The person releasing articles relating to my feelings and thoughts on how to take care of Cory's ashes has never been in contact with me," she tweeted.
Monteith was found dead in his room on the 21st floor of the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel on Vancouver's waterfront in July.
The British Columbia coroner later confirmed the actor died from combining heroin and alcohol.
- The Yoke of Leadership
- D-backs' GM Kevin Towers: If improvement doesn't happen, 'heads are gonna roll'
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?