Updated Aug 3, 2013 - 8:10 am
Diamondbacks attendance ranks 20th in MLB, on par with last year
So far this season, the team is drawing 26,880 fans per home game, according to ESPN. Chase Field's capacity is 48,633. So, on average, the stadium has been 55 percent full for D-backs games this year.
Last season, the team drew 26,884 fans per game, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
Entering Friday's game, Arizona's attendance this year ranks 20th in the MLB. Division rival Los Angeles Dodgers are drawing the most fans (45,060 per game) this season, ESPN's numbers show. Another Diamondbacks division rival, the San Francisco Giants, is drawing the third-most fans per game (41,667) in the Majors.
Coming in last so far this season is the Tampa Bay Rays, with just 17,916 fans per home game.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.