Updated Aug 3, 2013 - 8:10 am
Diamondbacks attendance ranks 20th in MLB, on par with last year
So far this season, the team is drawing 26,880 fans per home game, according to ESPN. Chase Field's capacity is 48,633. So, on average, the stadium has been 55 percent full for D-backs games this year.
Last season, the team drew 26,884 fans per game, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
Entering Friday's game, Arizona's attendance this year ranks 20th in the MLB. Division rival Los Angeles Dodgers are drawing the most fans (45,060 per game) this season, ESPN's numbers show. Another Diamondbacks division rival, the San Francisco Giants, is drawing the third-most fans per game (41,667) in the Majors.
Coming in last so far this season is the Tampa Bay Rays, with just 17,916 fans per home game.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.