Arizona Diamondbacks uniforms ranked among MLB's worst
Lukas has been running the blog Uni-Watch.com in some form since 1999. The site's tagline pretty much describes what the blog is about: The obsessive study of athletics aesthetics.
In other words, Lukas knows what he's talking about when it comes to sports fashion.
In an ESPN.com piece, Lukas ranked all 30 teams in Major League Baseball in terms of their on-field fashion, and the list didn't have flattering things to say for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Lukas ranked the D-backs and their Sedona Red, sand and black uniforms as the fourth-worst in the league, ahead of only the Cleveland Indians, Miami Marlins and San Diego Padres.
Never thought I'd be saying this, but this set is bad enough to make a fella nostalgic for their original purple and teal design.
Then Lukas should be happy when the Diamondbacks break out the purple and turquoise jerseys for a Saturday night game against the San Francisco Giants August 31 at Chase Field.
Who's the best-dressed team in the big leagues? According to Lukas, it's the St. Louis Cardinals, followed by the Chicago Cubs, Oakland A's, Philadelphia Phillies and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?