Arizona Diamondbacks uniforms ranked among MLB's worst
Lukas has been running the blog Uni-Watch.com in some form since 1999. The site's tagline pretty much describes what the blog is about: The obsessive study of athletics aesthetics.
In other words, Lukas knows what he's talking about when it comes to sports fashion.
In an ESPN.com piece, Lukas ranked all 30 teams in Major League Baseball in terms of their on-field fashion, and the list didn't have flattering things to say for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Lukas ranked the D-backs and their Sedona Red, sand and black uniforms as the fourth-worst in the league, ahead of only the Cleveland Indians, Miami Marlins and San Diego Padres.
Never thought I'd be saying this, but this set is bad enough to make a fella nostalgic for their original purple and teal design.
Then Lukas should be happy when the Diamondbacks break out the purple and turquoise jerseys for a Saturday night game against the San Francisco Giants August 31 at Chase Field.
Who's the best-dressed team in the big leagues? According to Lukas, it's the St. Louis Cardinals, followed by the Chicago Cubs, Oakland A's, Philadelphia Phillies and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
- Report: D-backs set sights on acquiring Angels outfielder Mark Trumbo
- Report: D-backs tried to land Yoenis Cespedes from A's in exchange for A.J. Pollock and Tyler Skaggs
- ESPN.com baseball writer Jerry Crasnick: D-backs trying to acquire elite starting pitcher this winter
- Rays acquire C Hanigan, RHP Bell in 3-team trade
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.