Review: Hurwitz delivers exciting `Tell No Lies'
(AP) - "Tell No Lies" (St. Martin's Press), by Gregg Hurwitz
A race to stop a killer begins when a piece of mail is delivered to the wrong person in "Tell No Lies," the latest thriller from Gregg Hurwitz.
Daniel Brasher gave up a high-paying job to marry the woman of his dreams. She successfully battled a rare form of cancer and now works as a community organizer. They love each other and are happy together.
Then a piece of mail with no return address arrives in Daniel's inbox at work. It warns him to admit what he's done or he'll bleed for it. There's a deadline, but that deadline has passed. Daniel shows the letter to his wife. They search for the recipient's name on the Internet and discover that he's been murdered. Other pieces of mail with deadlines are delivered to Daniel's inbox. He must convince the police that the threats are real.
Hurwitz has a gift for creating characters and elaborate plots that start with something simple and then explode. In "Tell No Lies," the setting is San Francisco instead of his usual Los Angeles area, and he wraps the story in the landscape of the region, making the city a character as well.
Menace, treachery and intrigue have never been more exciting.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.