The 'Today' Show launches new book club
NEW YORK (AP) - NBC's "Today" show is investing in readers.
The morning program announced Tuesday that it is starting a new book club. Its first club pick is "The Bone Season," the debut novel of 21-year-old Samantha Shannon. Published by Bloomsbury, it's the first in a planned seven-part series set in a dystopian futuristic London.
The "Today" show had a book club about 10 years ago. It lasted about three years.
This time the show has combined forces with Google+ Hangout to open up a discussion about the books among "Today" personalities, authors and fans.
New selections will be made every four to five weeks. The chosen reads will have stickers on their covers like Oprah's Book Club, which was featured on "The Oprah Winfrey Show." Winfrey has revived her club on the OWN network, now called Oprah's Book Club 2.0.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Nuño denied first NL victory, D-backs bullpen implodes in crushing loss to Pirates
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.