Diamondbacks place J.J. Putz on 15-day DL, recall RHP Chaz Roe
The 36-year-old Putz suffered the injury Friday, in the seventh inning of the Diamondbacks' contest versus the Philadelphia Phillies, while trying to field a ground ball.
Over his last 19 appearances, Putz managed a 0.57 ERA (one earned run in 15.2 innings pitched), striking out 15 and walking six. In all, he was 3-1 with six saves and a 2.43 ERA in 35 appearances this season.
For Roe, who made his major league debut earlier in the season, this is his fourth call-up to the Diamondbacks of the year. The 26-year-old is 1-0, allowing three earned runs in 5.0 innings pitched, over five appearances with the Diamondbacks. He is 0-1 with eight saves and a 1.11 ERA in 25 appearances in the minor leagues in 2013, splitting time between Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Reno.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.