Diamondbacks place J.J. Putz on 15-day DL, recall RHP Chaz Roe
The 36-year-old Putz suffered the injury Friday, in the seventh inning of the Diamondbacks' contest versus the Philadelphia Phillies, while trying to field a ground ball.
Over his last 19 appearances, Putz managed a 0.57 ERA (one earned run in 15.2 innings pitched), striking out 15 and walking six. In all, he was 3-1 with six saves and a 2.43 ERA in 35 appearances this season.
For Roe, who made his major league debut earlier in the season, this is his fourth call-up to the Diamondbacks of the year. The 26-year-old is 1-0, allowing three earned runs in 5.0 innings pitched, over five appearances with the Diamondbacks. He is 0-1 with eight saves and a 1.11 ERA in 25 appearances in the minor leagues in 2013, splitting time between Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Reno.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.