Diamondbacks place J.J. Putz on 15-day DL, recall RHP Chaz Roe
The 36-year-old Putz suffered the injury Friday, in the seventh inning of the Diamondbacks' contest versus the Philadelphia Phillies, while trying to field a ground ball.
Over his last 19 appearances, Putz managed a 0.57 ERA (one earned run in 15.2 innings pitched), striking out 15 and walking six. In all, he was 3-1 with six saves and a 2.43 ERA in 35 appearances this season.
For Roe, who made his major league debut earlier in the season, this is his fourth call-up to the Diamondbacks of the year. The 26-year-old is 1-0, allowing three earned runs in 5.0 innings pitched, over five appearances with the Diamondbacks. He is 0-1 with eight saves and a 1.11 ERA in 25 appearances in the minor leagues in 2013, splitting time between Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Reno.
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.