Updated Aug 26, 2013 - 9:45 am
Statistical projections set Diamondbacks' postseason odds extremely low
While the Diamondbacks have played mostly mediocre baseball all season, barely keeping their head above .500, with just 33 games to play, their chances at a postseason berth are getting increasingly slim.
In a quick survey of three sites which feature playoff projections, the Diamondbacks' highest percentage at the playoffs is set at 9.9%.
ESPN: 9.9% chance of making the playoffs
Baseball Prospectus: 3.1% chance of making the playoffs
FanGraphs: 82-80 win-loss record; 13 games back of Dodgers in NL West, 7 games back of Cincinnati Reds in NL Wild Card
One site, Baseball Prospectus, projects the Diamondbacks to finish below .500, at 80-82.
The Diamondbacks face the Philadelphia Phillies Saturday, carrying a 65-62 record into the contest and trailing the Dodgers by 11 games in the NL West and the Reds by 6.5 games in the race for the second NL Wild Card.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?