Updated Aug 26, 2013 - 9:45 am
Statistical projections set Diamondbacks' postseason odds extremely low
While the Diamondbacks have played mostly mediocre baseball all season, barely keeping their head above .500, with just 33 games to play, their chances at a postseason berth are getting increasingly slim.
In a quick survey of three sites which feature playoff projections, the Diamondbacks' highest percentage at the playoffs is set at 9.9%.
ESPN: 9.9% chance of making the playoffs
Baseball Prospectus: 3.1% chance of making the playoffs
FanGraphs: 82-80 win-loss record; 13 games back of Dodgers in NL West, 7 games back of Cincinnati Reds in NL Wild Card
One site, Baseball Prospectus, projects the Diamondbacks to finish below .500, at 80-82.
The Diamondbacks face the Philadelphia Phillies Saturday, carrying a 65-62 record into the contest and trailing the Dodgers by 11 games in the NL West and the Reds by 6.5 games in the race for the second NL Wild Card.
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?