Updated Aug 26, 2013 - 9:45 am
Statistical projections set Diamondbacks' postseason odds extremely low
While the Diamondbacks have played mostly mediocre baseball all season, barely keeping their head above .500, with just 33 games to play, their chances at a postseason berth are getting increasingly slim.
In a quick survey of three sites which feature playoff projections, the Diamondbacks' highest percentage at the playoffs is set at 9.9%.
ESPN: 9.9% chance of making the playoffs
Baseball Prospectus: 3.1% chance of making the playoffs
FanGraphs: 82-80 win-loss record; 13 games back of Dodgers in NL West, 7 games back of Cincinnati Reds in NL Wild Card
One site, Baseball Prospectus, projects the Diamondbacks to finish below .500, at 80-82.
The Diamondbacks face the Philadelphia Phillies Saturday, carrying a 65-62 record into the contest and trailing the Dodgers by 11 games in the NL West and the Reds by 6.5 games in the race for the second NL Wild Card.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.