Caroline Kennedy to join March on Washington rally
WASHINGTON (AP) - Caroline Kennedy is joining the lineup of speakers commemorating the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington at the Lincoln Memorial.
Organizers say Kennedy, the daughter of President John F. Kennedy, will speak Wednesday, along with Lynda Johnson Robb, the daughter of President Lyndon Johnson.
Other speakers include Oprah Winfrey, Forest Whitaker, Jamie Foxx, President Barack Obama and former Presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter. Performers will include singers BeBe Winans, LeAnn Rimes and the girl group Identity4Pop, among others.
The "Let Freedom Ring" commemoration is scheduled to run from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Gates will open to the public at 9 a.m.
Bell-ringing commemorations are also planned across the country at more than 100 churches and other sites in almost every state.
March on Washington Commemoration: http://officialmlkdream50.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.