Updated Aug 30, 2013 - 11:58 am
Arizona Diamondbacks trade Jason Kubel to Cleveland Indians for cash, minor leaguer
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Friday they had agreed to ship the veteran outfielder and cash considerations to the Cleveland Indians for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Kubel, who hit 30 home runs drove in 90 runs for the D-backs in 2012, was designated for assignment earlier this week to make room for pitcher David Holmberg.
Before being DFA'd, Kubel hit .220 with five home runs and 32 RBI in 89 games with Arizona this season.
The 31-year-old was in the final year of his two-year, $16 million contract. According to several reports, the Diamondbacks will pay the "vast majority" of the money still owed to Kubel.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.