Updated Aug 30, 2013 - 11:58 am
Arizona Diamondbacks trade Jason Kubel to Cleveland Indians for cash, minor leaguer
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Friday they had agreed to ship the veteran outfielder and cash considerations to the Cleveland Indians for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Kubel, who hit 30 home runs drove in 90 runs for the D-backs in 2012, was designated for assignment earlier this week to make room for pitcher David Holmberg.
Before being DFA'd, Kubel hit .220 with five home runs and 32 RBI in 89 games with Arizona this season.
The 31-year-old was in the final year of his two-year, $16 million contract. According to several reports, the Diamondbacks will pay the "vast majority" of the money still owed to Kubel.
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.