Updated Aug 30, 2013 - 11:58 am
Arizona Diamondbacks trade Jason Kubel to Cleveland Indians for cash, minor leaguer
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Friday they had agreed to ship the veteran outfielder and cash considerations to the Cleveland Indians for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Kubel, who hit 30 home runs drove in 90 runs for the D-backs in 2012, was designated for assignment earlier this week to make room for pitcher David Holmberg.
Before being DFA'd, Kubel hit .220 with five home runs and 32 RBI in 89 games with Arizona this season.
The 31-year-old was in the final year of his two-year, $16 million contract. According to several reports, the Diamondbacks will pay the "vast majority" of the money still owed to Kubel.
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 9When is it time to make changes?