Royal ride: Queen's Daimler sells for $63K
LONDON (AP) - A green Daimler owned and driven by Queen Elizabeth II has been sold at auction for 40,500 pounds ($62,755.)
Auction house Historics said the queen used the vehicle from 2001 to 2004 to travel around Windsor Castle and to go to and from Buckingham Palace. It says the monarch at times drove the car herself, and sometimes was driven in it.
The auction house says the car comes with several modifications, including an adapted arm rest with a sliding space designed to hold the queen's handbag. It added that the interior features lambs' wool rugs and other extra fittings.
The car was sold to an unnamed buyer in Surrey, near London, on Saturday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Miley struggles in opener, Phillies top D-backs: By The Numbers
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.