Royal ride: Queen's Daimler sells for $63K
LONDON (AP) - A green Daimler owned and driven by Queen Elizabeth II has been sold at auction for 40,500 pounds ($62,755.)
Auction house Historics said the queen used the vehicle from 2001 to 2004 to travel around Windsor Castle and to go to and from Buckingham Palace. It says the monarch at times drove the car herself, and sometimes was driven in it.
The auction house says the car comes with several modifications, including an adapted arm rest with a sliding space designed to hold the queen's handbag. It added that the interior features lambs' wool rugs and other extra fittings.
The car was sold to an unnamed buyer in Surrey, near London, on Saturday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.