D-backs acquire RHP Matt Langwell from Indians for Jason Kubel
Sunday, the player was named when the Diamondbacks acquired right-handed pitcher Matt Langwell.
An 11th round pick in the 2008 First-Year Player Draft, Langwell has gone 3-4 with a pair of saves in 42 relief appearances with Triple-A Columbus this season. The 27-year-old also had a stint with the Indians, tallying six strikeouts in 5.1 innings pitched while allowing three earned runs, good for a 5.06 ERA at the major league level.
Langwell has a 2.92 ERA in 234 minor league relief appearances, spread over six seasons, all with the Indians organization.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?