Updated Sep 3, 2013 - 4:14 pm
Martin Prado's amazing August, by the numbers
And they weren't all singles.
The Diamondbacks' offseason acquisition raked throughout the month of August in what would be the best offensive calendar month of his career.
Here's the spectacular 31 days, by the numbers.
Prado's batting average in the month, the third-best among National League hitters with at least 100 at-bats in August.
The amount of runs batted in Prado accrued, four more than games he played in during the month. The mark led NL hitters, coming one shy of the American League's Miguel Cabrera and Alfonso Soriano.
Prado's on-base-plus-slugging percentage in the month. Broken down, he had a .425 on-base percentage and a .565 slugging percentage in August.
Prado had 14 more August RBI than Justin Upton, who he was traded for during the offseason. Prado also had 14 extra-base hits in the month.
The number of National Leaguers who created more runs than Prado in August, as calculated by FanGraphs' weighted runs created metric. Only the San Diego Padres' Will Venable managed more.
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.