Updated Sep 3, 2013 - 4:14 pm
Martin Prado's amazing August, by the numbers
And they weren't all singles.
The Diamondbacks' offseason acquisition raked throughout the month of August in what would be the best offensive calendar month of his career.
Here's the spectacular 31 days, by the numbers.
Prado's batting average in the month, the third-best among National League hitters with at least 100 at-bats in August.
The amount of runs batted in Prado accrued, four more than games he played in during the month. The mark led NL hitters, coming one shy of the American League's Miguel Cabrera and Alfonso Soriano.
Prado's on-base-plus-slugging percentage in the month. Broken down, he had a .425 on-base percentage and a .565 slugging percentage in August.
Prado had 14 more August RBI than Justin Upton, who he was traded for during the offseason. Prado also had 14 extra-base hits in the month.
The number of National Leaguers who created more runs than Prado in August, as calculated by FanGraphs' weighted runs created metric. Only the San Diego Padres' Will Venable managed more.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.