Arizona Diamondbacks call up top prospect Chris Owings, others from Triple-A Reno
Infielder Chris Owings, who was recently named the MVP of the Pacific Coast League, was one of three players the team called up from Triple-A Reno Tuesday, with infielder Matt Davidson and catcher Tuffy Gosewisch being the others.
Owings, 22, hit .330 with 31 doubles, eight triples and 12 home runs for the Aces. He drove in 81.
This will be the second stint with the D-backs for Davidson, who hit .179 with two RBI in 12 games with the team, and Gosewisch, who batted .185 in eight games with the team.
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.