Arizona Diamondbacks call up top prospect Chris Owings, others from Triple-A Reno
Infielder Chris Owings, who was recently named the MVP of the Pacific Coast League, was one of three players the team called up from Triple-A Reno Tuesday, with infielder Matt Davidson and catcher Tuffy Gosewisch being the others.
Owings, 22, hit .330 with 31 doubles, eight triples and 12 home runs for the Aces. He drove in 81.
This will be the second stint with the D-backs for Davidson, who hit .179 with two RBI in 12 games with the team, and Gosewisch, who batted .185 in eight games with the team.
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.