Arizona Diamondbacks call up top prospect Chris Owings, others from Triple-A Reno
Infielder Chris Owings, who was recently named the MVP of the Pacific Coast League, was one of three players the team called up from Triple-A Reno Tuesday, with infielder Matt Davidson and catcher Tuffy Gosewisch being the others.
Owings, 22, hit .330 with 31 doubles, eight triples and 12 home runs for the Aces. He drove in 81.
This will be the second stint with the D-backs for Davidson, who hit .179 with two RBI in 12 games with the team, and Gosewisch, who batted .185 in eight games with the team.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.