White House petition to remove Ryan Seacrest from all U.S. sports broadcasts
But when Ryan Seacrest stepped on the field to kick off the 2013 season, a roaring "boo" was heard throughout the stadium.
The day after the big game wasn't as much about the Broncos beating the Ravens 49-27 as it was about Ryan Seacrest destroying the start of the season.
At least according to a group of people petitioning President Obama to prohibit the "American Idol" host from appearing on any sports broadcast in the U.S.
The "Americans Seeking Protection from Ryan Seacrest Act," posted on WhiteHouse.org, reads:
We cannot allow this to continue. Please ask President Obama to lead the effort to have Congress draft and successfully pass the "Americans Seeking Protection from Ryan Seacrest Act" which would prohibit Ryan Seacrest from appearing on any sports broadcast airing in the United States.
In order for the White House to review and respond to the petition, it needs to garner a minimum of 100,000 signatures by Oct. 6.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.