White House petition to remove Ryan Seacrest from all U.S. sports broadcasts
But when Ryan Seacrest stepped on the field to kick off the 2013 season, a roaring "boo" was heard throughout the stadium.
The day after the big game wasn't as much about the Broncos beating the Ravens 49-27 as it was about Ryan Seacrest destroying the start of the season.
At least according to a group of people petitioning President Obama to prohibit the "American Idol" host from appearing on any sports broadcast in the U.S.
The "Americans Seeking Protection from Ryan Seacrest Act," posted on WhiteHouse.org, reads:
We cannot allow this to continue. Please ask President Obama to lead the effort to have Congress draft and successfully pass the "Americans Seeking Protection from Ryan Seacrest Act" which would prohibit Ryan Seacrest from appearing on any sports broadcast airing in the United States.
In order for the White House to review and respond to the petition, it needs to garner a minimum of 100,000 signatures by Oct. 6.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.