White House petition to remove Ryan Seacrest from all U.S. sports broadcasts
But when Ryan Seacrest stepped on the field to kick off the 2013 season, a roaring "boo" was heard throughout the stadium.
The day after the big game wasn't as much about the Broncos beating the Ravens 49-27 as it was about Ryan Seacrest destroying the start of the season.
At least according to a group of people petitioning President Obama to prohibit the "American Idol" host from appearing on any sports broadcast in the U.S.
The "Americans Seeking Protection from Ryan Seacrest Act," posted on WhiteHouse.org, reads:
We cannot allow this to continue. Please ask President Obama to lead the effort to have Congress draft and successfully pass the "Americans Seeking Protection from Ryan Seacrest Act" which would prohibit Ryan Seacrest from appearing on any sports broadcast airing in the United States.
In order for the White House to review and respond to the petition, it needs to garner a minimum of 100,000 signatures by Oct. 6.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?