Grit Index: Dodgers crush D-backs with longball
That was June 12.
After Monday's 8-1 loss,the Diamondbacks are 12 games back of the $120 million Dodgers.
And thanks to six home runs, three from Juan Uribe, the Dodgers made it look easy.
Randall Delgado lasted just 2.2 innings in the defeat, surrendering five earned runs on seven hits, four of which being home runs.
Along with Uribe, Adrian Gonzalez, Andre Ethier and Hanley Ramirez added to the damage with longballs of their own.
The only Diamondbacks run came on a Didi Gregorius RBI double, which plated Martin Prado.
For the Dodgers, Ricky Nolasco was magnificent, allowing just three hits, no earned runs, over 6.2 innings. Nolasco struck out six in the effort, earning his 13th win of the season -- his eighth with the Dodgers. The right-hander only has one loss since being traded to Los Angeles, boasting a 2.06 ERA in 12 starts with his new team.
Newcomer Matt Langwell, who came to the Diamondbacks in the Jason Kubel trade with the Cleveland Indians, and right-hander Chaz Roe combined to throw 2.2 innings of hitless relief, each recording a pair of strikeouts on the night.
Juan Uribe had as many hits (4) as the Diamondbacks.
Gerardo Parra gathered his major league-leading 15th outfield assist Monday, gunning down Yasiel Puig at the plate in the seventh inning.
On Tuesday, Trevor Cahill (6-10, 4.35 ERA) is slated to face the Dodgers' Edinson Volquez, who will be making his second start for Los Angeles, after allowing five runs in a loss to the Colorado Rockies Wednesday. First pitch is at 7:10 p.m. MDT and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620 AM.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.