Grit Index: Dodgers crush D-backs with longball
That was June 12.
After Monday's 8-1 loss,the Diamondbacks are 12 games back of the $120 million Dodgers.
And thanks to six home runs, three from Juan Uribe, the Dodgers made it look easy.
Randall Delgado lasted just 2.2 innings in the defeat, surrendering five earned runs on seven hits, four of which being home runs.
Along with Uribe, Adrian Gonzalez, Andre Ethier and Hanley Ramirez added to the damage with longballs of their own.
The only Diamondbacks run came on a Didi Gregorius RBI double, which plated Martin Prado.
For the Dodgers, Ricky Nolasco was magnificent, allowing just three hits, no earned runs, over 6.2 innings. Nolasco struck out six in the effort, earning his 13th win of the season -- his eighth with the Dodgers. The right-hander only has one loss since being traded to Los Angeles, boasting a 2.06 ERA in 12 starts with his new team.
Newcomer Matt Langwell, who came to the Diamondbacks in the Jason Kubel trade with the Cleveland Indians, and right-hander Chaz Roe combined to throw 2.2 innings of hitless relief, each recording a pair of strikeouts on the night.
Juan Uribe had as many hits (4) as the Diamondbacks.
Gerardo Parra gathered his major league-leading 15th outfield assist Monday, gunning down Yasiel Puig at the plate in the seventh inning.
On Tuesday, Trevor Cahill (6-10, 4.35 ERA) is slated to face the Dodgers' Edinson Volquez, who will be making his second start for Los Angeles, after allowing five runs in a loss to the Colorado Rockies Wednesday. First pitch is at 7:10 p.m. MDT and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620 AM.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.