Grit Index: Dodgers crush D-backs with longball
That was June 12.
After Monday's 8-1 loss,the Diamondbacks are 12 games back of the $120 million Dodgers.
And thanks to six home runs, three from Juan Uribe, the Dodgers made it look easy.
Randall Delgado lasted just 2.2 innings in the defeat, surrendering five earned runs on seven hits, four of which being home runs.
Along with Uribe, Adrian Gonzalez, Andre Ethier and Hanley Ramirez added to the damage with longballs of their own.
The only Diamondbacks run came on a Didi Gregorius RBI double, which plated Martin Prado.
For the Dodgers, Ricky Nolasco was magnificent, allowing just three hits, no earned runs, over 6.2 innings. Nolasco struck out six in the effort, earning his 13th win of the season -- his eighth with the Dodgers. The right-hander only has one loss since being traded to Los Angeles, boasting a 2.06 ERA in 12 starts with his new team.
Newcomer Matt Langwell, who came to the Diamondbacks in the Jason Kubel trade with the Cleveland Indians, and right-hander Chaz Roe combined to throw 2.2 innings of hitless relief, each recording a pair of strikeouts on the night.
Juan Uribe had as many hits (4) as the Diamondbacks.
Gerardo Parra gathered his major league-leading 15th outfield assist Monday, gunning down Yasiel Puig at the plate in the seventh inning.
On Tuesday, Trevor Cahill (6-10, 4.35 ERA) is slated to face the Dodgers' Edinson Volquez, who will be making his second start for Los Angeles, after allowing five runs in a loss to the Colorado Rockies Wednesday. First pitch is at 7:10 p.m. MDT and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620 AM.
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- D-backs place outfielder Mark Trumbo on 15-day D.L.
- Diamondbacks' Mark Trumbo out indefinitely with stress fracture in foot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.