Grit Index: Dodgers crush D-backs with longball
That was June 12.
After Monday's 8-1 loss,the Diamondbacks are 12 games back of the $120 million Dodgers.
And thanks to six home runs, three from Juan Uribe, the Dodgers made it look easy.
Randall Delgado lasted just 2.2 innings in the defeat, surrendering five earned runs on seven hits, four of which being home runs.
Along with Uribe, Adrian Gonzalez, Andre Ethier and Hanley Ramirez added to the damage with longballs of their own.
The only Diamondbacks run came on a Didi Gregorius RBI double, which plated Martin Prado.
For the Dodgers, Ricky Nolasco was magnificent, allowing just three hits, no earned runs, over 6.2 innings. Nolasco struck out six in the effort, earning his 13th win of the season -- his eighth with the Dodgers. The right-hander only has one loss since being traded to Los Angeles, boasting a 2.06 ERA in 12 starts with his new team.
Newcomer Matt Langwell, who came to the Diamondbacks in the Jason Kubel trade with the Cleveland Indians, and right-hander Chaz Roe combined to throw 2.2 innings of hitless relief, each recording a pair of strikeouts on the night.
Juan Uribe had as many hits (4) as the Diamondbacks.
Gerardo Parra gathered his major league-leading 15th outfield assist Monday, gunning down Yasiel Puig at the plate in the seventh inning.
On Tuesday, Trevor Cahill (6-10, 4.35 ERA) is slated to face the Dodgers' Edinson Volquez, who will be making his second start for Los Angeles, after allowing five runs in a loss to the Colorado Rockies Wednesday. First pitch is at 7:10 p.m. MDT and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620 AM.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.