Grit Index: Dodgers crush D-backs with longball
That was June 12.
After Monday's 8-1 loss,the Diamondbacks are 12 games back of the $120 million Dodgers.
And thanks to six home runs, three from Juan Uribe, the Dodgers made it look easy.
Randall Delgado lasted just 2.2 innings in the defeat, surrendering five earned runs on seven hits, four of which being home runs.
Along with Uribe, Adrian Gonzalez, Andre Ethier and Hanley Ramirez added to the damage with longballs of their own.
The only Diamondbacks run came on a Didi Gregorius RBI double, which plated Martin Prado.
For the Dodgers, Ricky Nolasco was magnificent, allowing just three hits, no earned runs, over 6.2 innings. Nolasco struck out six in the effort, earning his 13th win of the season -- his eighth with the Dodgers. The right-hander only has one loss since being traded to Los Angeles, boasting a 2.06 ERA in 12 starts with his new team.
Newcomer Matt Langwell, who came to the Diamondbacks in the Jason Kubel trade with the Cleveland Indians, and right-hander Chaz Roe combined to throw 2.2 innings of hitless relief, each recording a pair of strikeouts on the night.
Juan Uribe had as many hits (4) as the Diamondbacks.
Gerardo Parra gathered his major league-leading 15th outfield assist Monday, gunning down Yasiel Puig at the plate in the seventh inning.
On Tuesday, Trevor Cahill (6-10, 4.35 ERA) is slated to face the Dodgers' Edinson Volquez, who will be making his second start for Los Angeles, after allowing five runs in a loss to the Colorado Rockies Wednesday. First pitch is at 7:10 p.m. MDT and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620 AM.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.