Judge refers Dina Lohan to community service
HEMSPTEAD, N.Y. (AP) - A judge has referred Lindsay Lohan's mother to a community service program, saying volunteering could help her alleged drunken-driving case.
Newsday reports ( http://bit.ly/1fowfCs) the judge on Thursday also ordered Dina Lohan to get an independent treatment evaluation. He set her next court appearance for Jan. 7.
Lohan was arrested on Sept. 12 following a traffic stop on Long Island. Police say she was driving 77 mph in a 55 mph zone while intoxicated.
She has pleaded not guilty to the charges and surrendered her driver's license.
Her attorney on Thursday presented a report to the judge that he said showed Lohan "was free of any alcohol or substance issues."
He declined to comment on the possibility of community service.
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.