Judge refers Dina Lohan to community service
HEMSPTEAD, N.Y. (AP) - A judge has referred Lindsay Lohan's mother to a community service program, saying volunteering could help her alleged drunken-driving case.
Newsday reports ( http://bit.ly/1fowfCs) the judge on Thursday also ordered Dina Lohan to get an independent treatment evaluation. He set her next court appearance for Jan. 7.
Lohan was arrested on Sept. 12 following a traffic stop on Long Island. Police say she was driving 77 mph in a 55 mph zone while intoxicated.
She has pleaded not guilty to the charges and surrendered her driver's license.
Her attorney on Thursday presented a report to the judge that he said showed Lohan "was free of any alcohol or substance issues."
He declined to comment on the possibility of community service.
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.