Judge refers Dina Lohan to community service
HEMSPTEAD, N.Y. (AP) - A judge has referred Lindsay Lohan's mother to a community service program, saying volunteering could help her alleged drunken-driving case.
Newsday reports ( http://bit.ly/1fowfCs) the judge on Thursday also ordered Dina Lohan to get an independent treatment evaluation. He set her next court appearance for Jan. 7.
Lohan was arrested on Sept. 12 following a traffic stop on Long Island. Police say she was driving 77 mph in a 55 mph zone while intoxicated.
She has pleaded not guilty to the charges and surrendered her driver's license.
Her attorney on Thursday presented a report to the judge that he said showed Lohan "was free of any alcohol or substance issues."
He declined to comment on the possibility of community service.
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.