Updated Sep 20, 2013 - 8:29 am
Los Angeles Dodgers celebrate division title by diving into Arizona Diamondbacks' pool
Thursday, the Los Angeles Dodgers celebrated their 2013 NL West title by taking a swim in the Chase Field pool.
"I think it's tired and disrespectful," D-backs infielder Willie Bloomquist said of the dip in the pool. "It's surprising because they have a lot of veteran guys on that team that I thought were classier than that."
Bloomquist, though, made sure to give credit to the Dodgers for winning the division. But that does not mean he's happy about how they've decided to celebrate.
"But there's a fine line between going overboard at someone else's place and doing that, I think," he added. "But what are we going to do about it? There's not much we can do about it now. They've clinched the division this year, but if that's how they're going to act and be classless, that's their gig, that's their clubhouse. I just think it's disrespectful and classless."
However, the guess here is that's not of much concern to the Dodgers. The teams have been bitter rivals for the better part of the last three seasons, with a brawl breaking out between the two earlier this season when some beanballs were thrown.
So, whether this is a classless move or not, it appears the rivalry is about to get even more heated.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.