Updated Sep 20, 2013 - 8:29 am
Los Angeles Dodgers celebrate division title by diving into Arizona Diamondbacks' pool
Thursday, the Los Angeles Dodgers celebrated their 2013 NL West title by taking a swim in the Chase Field pool.
"I think it's tired and disrespectful," D-backs infielder Willie Bloomquist said of the dip in the pool. "It's surprising because they have a lot of veteran guys on that team that I thought were classier than that."
Bloomquist, though, made sure to give credit to the Dodgers for winning the division. But that does not mean he's happy about how they've decided to celebrate.
"But there's a fine line between going overboard at someone else's place and doing that, I think," he added. "But what are we going to do about it? There's not much we can do about it now. They've clinched the division this year, but if that's how they're going to act and be classless, that's their gig, that's their clubhouse. I just think it's disrespectful and classless."
However, the guess here is that's not of much concern to the Dodgers. The teams have been bitter rivals for the better part of the last three seasons, with a brawl breaking out between the two earlier this season when some beanballs were thrown.
So, whether this is a classless move or not, it appears the rivalry is about to get even more heated.
- Miley struggles in opener, Phillies top D-backs: By The Numbers
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.