Updated Sep 20, 2013 - 8:29 am
Los Angeles Dodgers celebrate division title by diving into Arizona Diamondbacks' pool
Thursday, the Los Angeles Dodgers celebrated their 2013 NL West title by taking a swim in the Chase Field pool.
"I think it's tired and disrespectful," D-backs infielder Willie Bloomquist said of the dip in the pool. "It's surprising because they have a lot of veteran guys on that team that I thought were classier than that."
Bloomquist, though, made sure to give credit to the Dodgers for winning the division. But that does not mean he's happy about how they've decided to celebrate.
"But there's a fine line between going overboard at someone else's place and doing that, I think," he added. "But what are we going to do about it? There's not much we can do about it now. They've clinched the division this year, but if that's how they're going to act and be classless, that's their gig, that's their clubhouse. I just think it's disrespectful and classless."
However, the guess here is that's not of much concern to the Dodgers. The teams have been bitter rivals for the better part of the last three seasons, with a brawl breaking out between the two earlier this season when some beanballs were thrown.
So, whether this is a classless move or not, it appears the rivalry is about to get even more heated.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.