Spain's king leaves hospital after hip surgery
MADRID (AP) - Spain's King Juan Carlos has left a Madrid hospital a week after he had a hip prosthesis successfully removed because it had developed an infection.
The 75-year-old was driven away from Quiron hospital Tuesday after telling reporters that he felt fine.
The king underwent the operation Sept. 24. It was his fifth operation in less than two years. He will need another operation in less than two months.
Surgeon Miguel Cabanela has said the king could return to limited activity on leaving hospital.
The latest health problem raised some speculation as to whether it was time for the king to abdicate in favor of his son, Crown Prince Felipe, but this was ruled out by the royal palace.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?