Spain's king leaves hospital after hip surgery
MADRID (AP) - Spain's King Juan Carlos has left a Madrid hospital a week after he had a hip prosthesis successfully removed because it had developed an infection.
The 75-year-old was driven away from Quiron hospital Tuesday after telling reporters that he felt fine.
The king underwent the operation Sept. 24. It was his fifth operation in less than two years. He will need another operation in less than two months.
Surgeon Miguel Cabanela has said the king could return to limited activity on leaving hospital.
The latest health problem raised some speculation as to whether it was time for the king to abdicate in favor of his son, Crown Prince Felipe, but this was ruled out by the royal palace.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.