Updated Sep 20, 2013 - 5:11 pm
Senator John McCain has choice words for Dodgers
They also touched a bit of a nerve with some Diamondbacks fans when their celebration spilled over into the pool in right-center field at Chase Field.
Possibly the world's most famous D-backs fan, U.S. Senator John McCain, was one that had a nerve touched, and he took to Twitter to let his 1.8 million followers know about it, along with a link to our own Dan Bickley's column on the subject.
Of course, it didn't take long for reaction to the Senator's tweet. One who chimed in was Dodgers' reliever Brian Wilson.
Senator McComplain knows a thing or two about coming in second and watching someone take a plunge in the pool (I mean poll) #POoLITICS— Brian Wilson (@BrianWilson38) September 20, 2013
- In second year with D-backs, Martin Prado finally feeling 'comfortable and settled'
- No clear lineup materializing for 2014 Arizona Diamondbacks
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill 'unable to execute' against Oakland
- D-backs president Hall: Mark Trumbo is 'everything as advertised'
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Patrick Corbin where he needs to be moving towards season opener
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.