'Fifty Shades of Grey' author selling awkward wine
E.L. James, writer of the erotic romance novel "Fifty Shades of Grey," is following the success of her New York Times best-selling novel and forthcoming film with a red and white wine collection, reports ABC News.
The red is described as a blend of "Petite Sirah and Syrah with flavors of black cherry, cocoa powder, creamy caramel and vanilla, leather and clove spice," according to a news release. Meanwhile, the white is a "Gewürztraminer and Sauvignon Blanc" combination with "floral aromatics of lychee and honey, tempered by flavors of crisp grapefruit, mineral and lush pear with a faint hint of butterscotch."
Wine fits perfectly with "Fifty Shades" theme; the alcoholic beverage seemingly plays an important role in the plot. Shocking!
The wine is currently sold on FiftyShadesWine.com but will be available beginning Monday, Sept. 30, at Albertsons, Wine.com and other retailers nationally for $17.99.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.