Dynamite to reimagine vintage Gold Key comics
NEW YORK (AP) - Dynamite Entertainment will revamp four classic Gold Key Comics titles, including "Turok: Dinosaur Hunter" and "Magnus: Robot Fighter," as part of a licensing deal with DreamWorks Classics.
The plan announced Friday at New York Comic Con also includes a reimagining of "Solar: Man of the Atom" and "Doctor Spektor," marking the latter character's first appearance since the 1970s.
Dynamite says the four books will launch in 2014 with writer Greg Pak penning "Turok," Frank Barbiere writing "Solar," Fred Van Lente on "Magnus" and Mark Waid overseeing "Doctor Spektor."
The new line's editor, Nate Cosby, says the books will feature "super-bold, all-new takes" on the characters during Gold Key's heyday in the 1959s and 1960s.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.