Dynamite to reimagine vintage Gold Key comics
NEW YORK (AP) - Dynamite Entertainment will revamp four classic Gold Key Comics titles, including "Turok: Dinosaur Hunter" and "Magnus: Robot Fighter," as part of a licensing deal with DreamWorks Classics.
The plan announced Friday at New York Comic Con also includes a reimagining of "Solar: Man of the Atom" and "Doctor Spektor," marking the latter character's first appearance since the 1970s.
Dynamite says the four books will launch in 2014 with writer Greg Pak penning "Turok," Frank Barbiere writing "Solar," Fred Van Lente on "Magnus" and Mark Waid overseeing "Doctor Spektor."
The new line's editor, Nate Cosby, says the books will feature "super-bold, all-new takes" on the characters during Gold Key's heyday in the 1959s and 1960s.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.