Dynamite to reimagine vintage Gold Key comics
NEW YORK (AP) - Dynamite Entertainment will revamp four classic Gold Key Comics titles, including "Turok: Dinosaur Hunter" and "Magnus: Robot Fighter," as part of a licensing deal with DreamWorks Classics.
The plan announced Friday at New York Comic Con also includes a reimagining of "Solar: Man of the Atom" and "Doctor Spektor," marking the latter character's first appearance since the 1970s.
Dynamite says the four books will launch in 2014 with writer Greg Pak penning "Turok," Frank Barbiere writing "Solar," Fred Van Lente on "Magnus" and Mark Waid overseeing "Doctor Spektor."
The new line's editor, Nate Cosby, says the books will feature "super-bold, all-new takes" on the characters during Gold Key's heyday in the 1959s and 1960s.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.