Journals of Alice Walker coming in 2017
NEW YORK (AP) - Along with writing novels, stories, poems and essays, Alice Walker has been keeping a diary.
The author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning "The Color Purple" has a deal with Simon & Schuster imprint 37 Ink to publish a selection of her private chronicles in 2017. The book is called "Gathering Blossoms Under Fire" and will be edited by Valerie Boyd. Boyd wrote a biography of Zora Neale Hurston, one of Walker's literary idols.
A spokesman for 37 Ink told The Associated Press on Friday that the book will also feature new essays from Walker that look back on her life.
The 69-year-old Walker has been keeping a diary for half a century, filling dozens of notebooks that track her rise from poverty in Georgia to international fame.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?