Updated Oct 16, 2013 - 2:10 pm
Hitting coach Don Baylor to leave Diamondbacks, join Angels
The Arizona Diamondbacks will have another new face added to their coaching staff for 2014.
According to reports, hitting coach Don Baylor will be joining the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Baylor had been with the Diamondbacks since the 2011 season, following a two-year stint in the same position with the Colorado Rockies. He played six seasons with the Angels from 1977 to 1982, winning the American League MVP in 1979.
The 64-year-old becomes the third coach to leave the Diamondbacks' staff after pitching coach Charles Nagy and first base coach Steve Sax were let go last week.
The Diamondbacks had said they asked all of their other coaches to return.
Assistant hitting coach Turner Ward was one of those and he may be the person in line to replace Baylor. He joined the team last season.
Ward had managed the Diamondbacks' Double-A team in Mobile the two previous seasons.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.