Mega Millions game revamped with bigger prizes
ATLANTA (AP) - Lottery officials say the Mega Millions game will have bigger and faster growing jackpots as a result of a series of upcoming changes.
Georgia Lottery Corp. said Friday that minimum jackpots will grow by at least $5 million after each drawing when there is no winner. And the second place prize will be increased to $1 million from $250,000.
Tickets reflecting the changes go on sale Oct. 19 for the Oct. 22 drawing.
Mega Millions drawings consist of five white balls and one Mega Ball, for a total of six winning numbers. The number of white balls will increase to 75, and the Mega Ball will decrease to 15.
Mega Millions is played in 43 states. Drawings are held Tuesday and Friday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Does Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Trevor Cahill pitch better when Tuffy Gosewich is catching?
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.