Heidi Fleiss accused of DUI with marijuana in Nev.
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Former Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss was arrested in Nevada on suspicion of driving under the influence of marijuana, her second marijuana-related run-in with the law in the past three months.
Fleiss, 47, was pulled over about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday on State Route 160, near her home in Pahrump, according to the Nye County Sheriff's Department. Fleiss didn't have a license and her registration was suspended, authorities said.
Deputies also found about four ounces of marijuana and a large amount of cash with her and reported she was under the influence of the drug.
Fleiss was booked into the Nye County jail but bailed out later in the day Tuesday, jail officials said.
A phone number listed for her was disconnected.
The Tuesday arrest comes less than three months after authorities said they found nearly 400 marijuana plants growing in and around her home in Pahrump.
She reportedly told authorities she was growing marijuana without a license and said she planned to sell it to a cooperative in Las Vegas.
Prosecutors charged her in August with possession of marijuana with the intent to sell, although the status of the case wasn't immediately clear Wednesday.
Fleiss once ran a high-priced Los Angeles prostitution ring providing models-turned-prostitutes to wealthy clients. She moved to Pahrump in late 2005, several years after serving 21 months in a California prison for money laundering, tax evasion and attempted pandering.
She appeared in Season 3 of "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew," shot in 2009, along with the late Mindy McCready, former NBA star Dennis Rodman, actors Tom Sizemore and Mackenzie Phillips, and a handful of lesser known celebrity types.
Pahrump is an unincorporated town of about 36,000 people located about 60 miles west of Las Vegas.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.