Three Arizona Diamondbacks are finalists for Gold Glove Awards
Pitcher Patrick Corbin, first baseman Paul Goldschmidt and right fielder Gerardo Parra are all in contention, giving them what is now a one-in-three shot of taking home the hardware.
A Gold Glove Award is given annually to the player deemed to be the best defender at his respective position. The voting is done by the league's managers and up to six coaches on their staff, all of whom are asked to pick from a pool of qualified players in their league without selecting someone on their own team.
Should the D-backs' players win, it would be the first time for both Corbin and Goldschmidt. Parra won a Gold Glove in 2011 for his work in left field.
The winners will be announced during "Baseball Tonight" on ESPN Tuesday, Oct. 29 at 5:00 p.m. Arizona time.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.