Three Arizona Diamondbacks are finalists for Gold Glove Awards
Pitcher Patrick Corbin, first baseman Paul Goldschmidt and right fielder Gerardo Parra are all in contention, giving them what is now a one-in-three shot of taking home the hardware.
A Gold Glove Award is given annually to the player deemed to be the best defender at his respective position. The voting is done by the league's managers and up to six coaches on their staff, all of whom are asked to pick from a pool of qualified players in their league without selecting someone on their own team.
Should the D-backs' players win, it would be the first time for both Corbin and Goldschmidt. Parra won a Gold Glove in 2011 for his work in left field.
The winners will be announced during "Baseball Tonight" on ESPN Tuesday, Oct. 29 at 5:00 p.m. Arizona time.
- Martin Prado: By the Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks call up Andy Marte and Roger Kieschnick from Triple-A Reno
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Martin Prado to New York Yankees
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.