D-backs' Goldschmidt wins 2013 Hank Aaron Award
Miguel Cabrera of the Detroit Tigers won the award in the American League.
Winners were determined by a fan vote and panel of Hall of Fame players, which included Hank Aaron and Tony Gwynn, among others.
Goldschmidt was selected to his first career All-Star Game in 2013 on his way to a season in which he hit .302 with 36 doubles, 36 home runs, 125 RBIs, 99 walks and 103 runs scored. The 26-year-old led the National League in slugging percentage (.551), extra-base hits (75), RBI and total bases (332), and tied for first in homers. He also ranked third in walks, tied for third in runs scored, fourth with a .401 on-base percentage and tied for 10th in doubles.
Among all Major Leaguers, the right-handed slugger tied for first in go-ahead RBI (37), go-ahead home runs (20), walk-off homers (3), and home runs after the eighth inning (7), while tying for most game-winning RBI (19) and RBI with runners in scoring position (84).
This is the third straight season that a member of an NL West team has won the Hank Aaron award, after the Giants' Buster Posey in 2012 and Dodgers' Matt Kemp and 2011.
Goldschmidt is also a finalist for a Rawlings Gold Glove Award. Winners will be announced Tuesday at 4 p.m. on ESPN2.
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.