Report: Arizona Diamondbacks, Chicago Cubs to talk about a Jeff Samardzija trade
According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the team is expected to resume trade talks with the Chicago Cubs about right-hander Jeff Samardzija.
A 28-year-old, Samardzija went 8-13 with a 4.34 ERA in 33 starts for the Cubs last season. He struck out 214 batters in 213.2 innings pitched.
For his career, the former Notre Dame wide receiver is 29-35 with a 4.19 ERA. The Cubs may be looking to trade him because the sides are unable to agree on a contract extension.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.