Paul Goldschmidt named NL MVP finalist
Many see Goldschmidt's road to capturing the honors as a difficult one, despite having some of the best offensive numbers in the league, with an NL-leading 125 runs batted in and 36 home runs. McCutchen is viewed as the favorite, given his role in leading the Pirates to their first postseason berth since 1992. The Diamondbacks, in contrast, finished at .500 for the second straight season. Molina, meanwhile, helped to anchor the NL-champion Cardinals.
The final MVP vote announcement is due on Nov. 14.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.