Updated Nov 6, 2013 - 3:38 pm
Report: Diamondbacks looking into Yankees' staff for pitching coach position
Look for former major leaguer and current coach in Yankee system Mike Harkey to get a long look for Dbacks pitching coach.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) November 6, 2013
Harkey was the fourth-overall pick in the 1987 draft and pitched in the Major Leagues for eight years with five different teams. His best season came with the Chicago Cubs in 1990, when he started 27 games with a 3.26 ERA and finished fifth in the National League Rookie of the Year voting.
Harkey has spent six seasons as the Yankees' bullpen coach. Before that, he spent one year as the pitching coach for the Triple-A Iowa Cubs, another year as the Florida Marlins' bullpen coach and six seasons as a pitching coach at various levels with the San Diego Padres organization.
The team had looked into bringing legendary pitching coach Dave Duncan out of retirement, but according to Gambadoro, Duncan would only come on as an advisor, if anything.
Doesn't look like Dave Duncan will be the Diamondbacks pitching coach - maybe an advisor or consultant. Great to get him in any capacity.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) November 6, 2013
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.