Report: Yankees, Angels and D-backs eyeing Eric Chavez
Signed to a one-year contract, the 35-year-old hit .281 with nine home runs and 44 RBI for the team in 80 games. In fact, he had established himself as the team's starting third baseman before injuries sidelined him for a good portion of the season.
A free agent once again, CBS Sports' Jon Heyman is reporting the New York Yankees, Anaheim Angels and Diamondbacks are all interested in the veteran's services.
Chavez signed for a hometown discount of $3 million with Arizona for 2013, but after another excellent season, he is said to be looking for market value this time.
A career .268 hitter with 257 home runs and 894 RBI, the left-handed hitting Chavez figures to collect a decent payday.
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.