Updated Nov 11, 2013 - 3:18 pm
Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra gets a financial boost
This year, Candice Swanepoel will be wearing the Royal Fantasy Bra (worth $10 million) at the upcoming Victoria Secret Fashion Show.
That may sound astronomical and ridiculous, but it's not even the most expensive bra ever created for the annual event. The Red Hot Fantasy Bra from the 2000 show, worn by Gisele Bundchen, was worth $15 million. Apparently, that was a good year, but 2006 to 2012 weren't as good, with price tags ranging from $2 million to $6.5 million.
The undergarment that will take center stage on Wednesday took 527 hours to complete, but will anyone other than Swanepoel ever wear it?
The Royal Fantasy Bra is made out of 18 karat gold, with thousands of gems, including diamonds, yellow sapphires and rubies.
So if you plan to buy the ultimate piece of lingerie, you may need to hire a few bodyguards too.
Mini Salas, Host
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.