Updated Nov 11, 2013 - 3:18 pm
Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra gets a financial boost
This year, Candice Swanepoel will be wearing the Royal Fantasy Bra (worth $10 million) at the upcoming Victoria Secret Fashion Show.
That may sound astronomical and ridiculous, but it's not even the most expensive bra ever created for the annual event. The Red Hot Fantasy Bra from the 2000 show, worn by Gisele Bundchen, was worth $15 million. Apparently, that was a good year, but 2006 to 2012 weren't as good, with price tags ranging from $2 million to $6.5 million.
The undergarment that will take center stage on Wednesday took 527 hours to complete, but will anyone other than Swanepoel ever wear it?
The Royal Fantasy Bra is made out of 18 karat gold, with thousands of gems, including diamonds, yellow sapphires and rubies.
So if you plan to buy the ultimate piece of lingerie, you may need to hire a few bodyguards too.
Mini Salas, Host
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.