Updated Nov 11, 2013 - 3:18 pm
Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra gets a financial boost
This year, Candice Swanepoel will be wearing the Royal Fantasy Bra (worth $10 million) at the upcoming Victoria Secret Fashion Show.
That may sound astronomical and ridiculous, but it's not even the most expensive bra ever created for the annual event. The Red Hot Fantasy Bra from the 2000 show, worn by Gisele Bundchen, was worth $15 million. Apparently, that was a good year, but 2006 to 2012 weren't as good, with price tags ranging from $2 million to $6.5 million.
The undergarment that will take center stage on Wednesday took 527 hours to complete, but will anyone other than Swanepoel ever wear it?
The Royal Fantasy Bra is made out of 18 karat gold, with thousands of gems, including diamonds, yellow sapphires and rubies.
So if you plan to buy the ultimate piece of lingerie, you may need to hire a few bodyguards too.
Mini Salas, Host
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?